How to install Zotonic on Mac
I was surprised how easy it was. Here's what worked for me.
- Install MacPorts http://www.macports.org/install.php
- sudo port -v selfupdate
- sudo port install erlang
- sudo port install imagemagick
- Donwload Zotonic .zip release http://zotonic.com/download
- Unzip and run 'make' in zotonic root directory
- Install Postgress.app http://postgresapp.com/
- psql -h localhost -U my-mac-username postgres # or try the postgressapp docs which didn't work for me
- Create DB and add site http://zotonic.com/docs/0.9/tutorials/install-addsite.html. To add a new site Zotonic must be running. Start it from the install directory with bin/zotonic debug.
That was easy enough. Or would have been, had I previously installed the command line tools for Xcode. You can get Xcode from the market and the command line tools from Xcode -> Preferences -> Downloads ([OT] You can also download alternative iOS simulator versions from here.).
10 October 1990 - 10:11:12
10 October 1990